According to a new survey released by Runzheimer International, business travel was up in 2010. The study cites that:
- 49% of the 70 organizations surveyed are increasing travel expenses in 2010. Of those respondents, 48% reported an increase in the number of domestic trips as the main reason for the rise in costs.
- Air travel makes up 43% of the travel costs, with 24% dedicated to lodging.
- Businesses are still keeping cost control a high priority, with 88% controlling costs by encouraging use of preferred vendors, 75% encouraging travel alternatives (web, telephone or video conferencing) and 72% are reducing attendance at conferences and conventions.
- Business trips have decreased in duration: A two-day trip is the average length reported by 46% of the respondents, while a three-day trip was the average for 40%.
- 42% of respondents reported that their frequent travelers are on trips between 31 and 75 days each year, which is up from 29% in 2008.
The Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City is a leader in offering accommodations and amenities for business travelers. Currently ranked #19 business hotel in Los Angeles on TripAdvisor, the facilities are built to promote productivity within classic comfort. For reservations, contact 818.506.2500 or visit the hotel online at www.hiltonuniversal.com.