As a “Green” Hotel, we want to support you in all your sustainable living efforts. Though your carbon footprint on any vacation is inevitable, you can reduce the size by making a few changes in your travel. With nearly 1 billion tourists crisscrossing the globe every year, it’s more important than ever for travelers to minimize their individual impact on the earth’s natural and cultural treasures. Taking a green approach to travel is an easy and essential way to protect the places you love to visit, not just for yourself but for the travelers who come after you and for the people who will continue to live once you’ve flown home.
- Book Flights with airlines that recycle waste created when serving food & beverages such as British Airways or Southwest Airlines.
- Purchase electronic tickets for less waste
- Share taxis from the airport
- Use Metrolink or Public Transportation
- Utilize hotel shuttles to attractions. Universal Studios offers a free shuttle that runs roughly every 15 mintues.
- Enjoy walking tours whenever possible
- Rent a Hybrid
During Your Stay at the Hotel
- Participate in the hotel linen program, or let the hotel know that it’s not necessary to change your sheets & towels every day.
- To keep track of which towel belongs to which family member, pack safety pins and small colored beads. Let everyone pick their color bead then attach the bead and safety pin to the towel to identify each person’s towel. Remember to remove your pins before leaving or asking hotel to launder them.
- Reduce the amount of water used for bathing or showering.
- Bring a dry cleaning bag to carry your dirty clothes home in.
- Pack a permanent marker to write names on hotel cups or water bottles.
- If the hotel provides complimentary newspapers, pass yours on to someone else or leave it in the lobby for someone else to enjoy.
- Instead of leaving bathroom lights on all night, pack a nightlight.
- When you leave the room for the day, turn off the AC/heat, lights, TV and radio. Close the drapes to block the sun.